We have already talked about the importance of having an optimized website with keywords, location pages, and branded images and how it can improve your trustworthiness and authority in the web, but now we will take one step further with outside assets that will also help your website.
What Is Google My Business?
Basically, GMB is a directory from Google with companies information that are ranking on Google. If your company has a good GMB profile and you fill as much information as you can, Google will see that your company is trustworthy and give you a better ranking position.
How can I optimize it?
When you own a website, you spend time doing research for good blogs. You may have a great blog with good keywords and a lot of valuable information. You should repurpose it!
- Use a snippet of your blog to put it in GMB. Get more juice from that blog!
- You may have a good blog that was written several years ago. Give it another shot by updating it and putting it in your GMB account.
What if I do not have time to make content?
- Make yourself some time
- Post any relevant updates about your business
- Talk about your current projects
- Talk about non-profit activities that you are doing
It is important to let people know that you are active and your business is great!
Get there, make it happen, take action
You can do the bare minimum but there is more than creating a website and a GMB profile, but you can take the next step and we promise you that your business will grow.
If you want to know how you can get there, check this 7 steps program that will guide you through this process.